Note: this lesson is a good introduction to the science-related lessons in section 8.
What is (natural) science?
– study of nature
– trying to explain how these things work
– trying to explain what’s behind these phenomena
How science works
– hypothesize a cause or process
– test the hypothesis
– compare & refine the hypothesis
What science is really trying to find?
– a set of natural laws that govern the workings of the universe
–> the plan & design of God
Is there a conflict between Bible & science?
Most often, the perceived conflict comes from:
– our ignorance of Bible
– imperfect science – it’s always being revised
– pride – don’t want to admit wrong to confess there’s a creator (e.g., Einstein and the cosmological constant)
Can science help us find God?
– God can already be found elsewhere
– no, but can help us understand God more